A full-time academic staff position is available at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in Athletics for 50% as Assistant Football Coach and in University Recreation and Sports Facilities for 50% as Weight Room Coordinator. The anticipated start date is as soon as possible in April of 2014. This is a year-round position with the working titles of Assistant Coach and Student Services Specialist.
- Assist the head coach in directing a highly successful program within the guidelines of the University, the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC), and NCAA Division III.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of qualified student athletes consistent with the academic standards of the University.
- Assist with the care and inventory of equipment for the program.
- Assist with the promotion of the sport with students, alumni, and members of the community.
- Assist with promoting program revenue generation related to the program.
- Participate in department fundraising and public relations events.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and Athletics Director.
Weight Room Coordinator:
- Assist with supervising the operation of the Strength & Conditioning Center.
- Assist in recruiting, training, and supervising student workers.
- Assist in promoting the use of the center to university students, staff, and outside groups.
- Assist department coaches and staff with the development of strength and conditioning programs to improve performance.
- Assist with fundraising events to support the operation of this program.
- Assist in maintaining policies and procedures for year round operation of the facility.
- Ability to support other department needs.
- Required: Bachelor's degree required.
- Preferred: Coaching experience at the colleagiate level.
- The successful candidate will also demonstrate the potential for collaborative leadership, the ability to manage multiple tasks, strong communication skills, a high degree of personal initiative and a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusiveness.
ABOUT UW-EAU CLAIRE ATHLETICS:
UW-Eau Claire has an outstanding NCAA Division III intercollegiate athletic program. The Blugolds are a member of the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, a nine-member league considered to be the premier Conference of Champions in DIII. he Blugold sports module includes 11 women's sports and nine men's sports which have garnered 150 conference championships. The school has also claimed nine national championships. The Blugolds have been the host for numerous post-season events including national championships in women's basketball, softball, gymnastics and men's and women's cross country.
Materials required in pdf format:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
- Contact information for three references.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Select Job Title: Athletics: Assistant Football Coach/Weight Room Coordinator; Job ID #9667; and click the Apply Now button. You must create an account/register and login to apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are complete. Please submit materials in PDF format only.
Please direct requests for additional information to: Nancy Hendricks, Department Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org; 715-836-3062.
The priority deadline for completed applications is April 8, 2014.. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing. Names of the top five finalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment