The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Athletic Department is seeking two Athletic Training professional academic staff members to serve as Interns to assist in providing overall healthcare for intercollegiate student-athletes.
UW-Eau Claire offers 22 NCAA Division III sports and competes in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC). Positions are 10 months in length starting Aug 1, 2012, and will report to the Head Athletic Trainer and Director of Athletics.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the primary athletic trainer for assigned sports, practice and event coverage, some travel, communication with supervising ATC and Team Physician.
- Individual will be responsible for maintaining accurate and current medical records, providing necessary healthcare, assisting in the supervision of various satellite athletic training room operations, and other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Team assignment responsibilities will be based upon qualifications as well as institutional need.
- Additional responsibilities may include assisting in the administration of clinical proficiency education, as well as supervision and education of athletic training students within the CAATE approved Athletic Training Education Program for qualified applicants.
- Individuals in this position will gain valuable work experiences in athletic training and sports medicine as well as improving their skills in documentation, communication, supervision, management of a health care facilities, and human relations.
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training,
- BOC Certified or Eligible,
- Wisconsin Licensure or Eligible,
- current Cardiac Care Certification from ARC or AHA (professional rescuer, first responder, etc.)
- BOC Certification for a minimum of one year,
- student clinical supervision experience,
- knowledge of CAATE Standards and Guidelines.
Opportunities are available to take Graduate courses within the UW-Eau Claire College of Education and Human Sciences www.uwec.edu/Graduate/ or through an online graduate program. Financial assistance for graduate studies may be available.
- Cover letter
- Names and contact numbers of three references
Application materials should be sent by postal mail to:
Ms. Nancy Hendricks
McPhee Center, 509 University Drive
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004
For additional information, contact Garry Grant, MS, ATC/LAT, CSCS
Head Athletic Trainer
Positions will remain open until filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment