A full-time professional academic staff position is available in Athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire to serve as an Intern. The working title is Assistant Director of Compliance and Student-Athlete Well-Being, and the position has an anticipated start date of July 30, 2013. The intern is required to attend an NCAA intern orientation and training session in Indianapolis, IN, on August 1-2, 2013. The internship is being funded through the NCAA Division III Ethnic Minority and Women's Internship Grant Program. This is a two-year internship that runs August through May (10 months) each year, and is not renewable at the end of the grant. The nature of this internship is such that a considerable amount of evening and weekend work is necessary.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
- This position will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of NCAA and WIAC compliance and student-athlete eligibility. The position will also administer student-athlete well-being initiatives, and will assist in coordination of hosted athletic events.
- The ideal candidate will be able to communicate and collaborate with members of the Athletics staff as well as other offices on campus, including but not limited to Housing and Residence Life, Academic Skills Center, Counseling Services and the Dean of Students Office.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics, Senior Woman Administrator, and/or Director of Compliance.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required
- Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- A working knowledge of intercollegiate athletics as well as previous experience or strong interest in NCAA Division III athletic administration
- Familiarity with NCAA Division III philosophy.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.
Click the UW-Eau Claire Careers link. Instructions are available under the Apply Online FAQs link. Click on our position vacancy Athletics: Assistant Compliance Intern (Job ID #9073) and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Candidates invited to interview on campus will be responsible for all expenses associated with their visit, including but not limited to air/ground transportation, lodging, food, and all other expenses incurred. The successful candidate will be reimbursed for their expenses associated with their visit.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for at least three professional references.
If you have application questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The priority deadline for applications is June 17, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment