The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is seeking applications for the position of Associate Registrar. This position reports to the Registrar and has an anticipated start date of August 1, 2014. An earlier start date may be negotiated.
The Associate Registrar has specific and immediate responsibility for personnel and operational matters related to academic records maintenance and registration activities, including customer service components. This position serves as the departmental expert and functions as the Oracle Campus Solutions functional lead for Records and Registration. The Associate Registrar acts on behalf of the Registrar and office on an on-going basis.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administer the activities associated with initiation, maintenance, and security of academic records for current and past students.
- Manage end-of-term activities related to the reporting and recording of grades and associated records data.
- Develop the registration calendar, create term/session setups, and complete final exam planning and technical process for each semester per academic guidelines.
- Coordinate the submission of enrollment and degree data to the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Provide leadership for staff and supervise personnel including classified staff, LTE's and student employees.
- Ensure records processes are completed in a secure, timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Serve as an institutional resource for the administration, academic faculty and chairs, staff, and students in the interpretation and application of University and academic policies.
- Provide technical expertise in academic records maintenance and registration activities within Oracle Campus Solutions.
- Ensure compliance with University and University of Wisconsin System policies and procedures and with state and federal regulations.
- Maintain oversight on the development of class schedules, scheduling of classroom space, scheduling of final examinations, and coding of curriculum database and course prerequisites in correlation with the registration process.
- Lead the office in the maintenance, utilization, testing, research and implementation of new product features and customizations for the Oracle Campus Solutions software and other integrated software systems used in Records and Registration.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with student information systems
- Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible academic experience in a higher education setting that include areas such as registration, academic advising, or records
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills required due to the high level of interaction with students, faculty, and staff.
- Master's preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the following:
- Oracle Campus Solutions
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Federal and state higher education rules and regulations
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Leadership experience working collaboratively and effectively with student, faculty, and staff
- Project management
- Process improvement experience.
Materials required in pdf format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three professional references.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Select Job Title: Associate Registrar; Job ID #9725; and click the Apply Now button. You must create an account/register and login to apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are complete. Please submit materials in PDF format only.
If you have application questions, please email Tami Langfeldt Adams: firstname.lastname@example.org
The priority deadline for applications is Friday, May 23, 2014.. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing (this option is available in the online application process). Names of the top five finalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment