A probationary tenure-track faculty position is available in three-dimensional art with an emphasis in sculpture in the Department of Art & Design at the rank of Assistant Professor. The position is available beginning August 25, 2014.
- Teach 3-D courses from foundations through the advanced level, as assigned, and maintain and develop 3-D studios.
- Faculty are required to maintain an active program of scholarship and creative activity, advise students, and participate in university and professional service.
- MFA in three-dimensional art with an emphasis in sculpture, college-level teaching experience, and evidence of current activity as a practicing artist are required.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to teach a variety of approaches to three-dimensional art in traditional and new media.
- Knowledge of historical and contemporary theory in art and the ability to maintain the 3-D studio facilities are necessary.
- Effective writing, communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment are essential.
- The ability to bring diverse cultural or ethnic experiences to the campus and to serve as a role model and mentor for women and/or minorities may be considered an asset.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Department of Art & Design has approximately 300 majors and minors and 17 full and part-time teaching staff. Degree programs include a BA, BS, and a BFA in studio art, a BA in art education, and a major and minor in art history. Areas of emphasis include ceramics, drawing/painting, graphic design, illustration, photography, printmaking, and sculpture.
- Letter of application
- curriculum vita
- artist statement
- teaching philosophy
- sample course materials
- copy of graduate school transcripts
- contact information for three references
- 20 personal and up to 20 student work examples on CD/DVD formatted to both Mac and PC platforms (sent to Sculpture Search Committee, Department of Art & Design, University of WI-Eau Claire, Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004)
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers
Click on the link to the Art & Design: Assistant Professor in three-dimensional art (Job ID #9270), and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please direct questions to:
Ms. Melissa Binick, Human Resources
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by January 3, 2014. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment. UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment