A full-time position is available in the UW-Eau Claire Admissions Office to serve as Director. This is a limited appointment reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Strategic Enrollment and has an anticipated start date of July 1, 2014. An earlier start date could be negotiated.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop a strategic recruitment plan integrated with the strategic enrollment plan and the branding and marketing plan.
- Provide leadership in reaching institutional enrollment goals.
- Assist the Associate Vice Chancellor for Strategic Enrollment and others with the development of an enrollment plan.
- Oversee the organization and monitoring of data to further effective recruitment strategies.
- Serve as an effective communicator for the University with prospective students, their parents, school counselors and admissions professionals, alumni, faculty, and external agencies.
- Monitor regional state-wide, national, and international educational and enrollment trends.
- Identify the strategies to effectively utilize a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Work closely with the University's graduate programs to assist in the recruitment, admission, and registration of qualified graduate students.
- Provide leadership to and development of admissions staff through activities such as professional development, supervision and evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and system policies and implement appropriate processes.
- Lead the Office of Admissions in the effective and efficient use of human, fiscal, and technical resources in order to:
- Recruit a qualified and diverse student body that is most likely to succeed at UW-Eau Claire;
- Process inquiries and admissions applications in a timely fashion;
- Ensure adherence to the State of Wisconsin residency policies;
- Maintain an admissions record system in accordance with prescribed professional guidelines;
- Develop and maintain admissions procedures, materials and data systems;
- Work closely with the University's marketing efforts to recruit, retain, and graduate students; and
- Serve as a liaison with high schools, the University of Wisconsin System Colleges, and with other post-secondary educational institutions.
- Perform other duties and functions as may be required.
- At least five years of progressively responsible admissions or related experience in higher education.
- Evidence of leadership and administrative skills, including budget and staff supervision.
- Experience with college-level recruiting initiatives.
- Master's degree required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Additional assets include: experience working with diverse student populations, analyzing and utilizing data, working with a student information system, and working in an admissions unit.
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for at least three professional references
Application materials should be submitted electronically in pdf format.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Click on our position vacancy --Admissions Director (Job ID #9455)-- and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The priority deadline for applications is February 10, 2014. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment