A full-time instructional academic staff position is available in the Department of Accounting and Finance as a Lecturer in Accounting beginning August 19, 2013. Areas of teaching may include financial, managerial or other accounting courses depending on qualifications and departmental needs.
- Teach courses in accounting as assigned in the Department of Accounting and Finance.
- Participate in scholarly activities consistent with AACSB expectations.
- Candidates may be assigned to provide academic advising (in place of teaching).
- An MBA is required.
- Professional certification (CPA, CMA); experience teaching accounting; and relevant work experience in accounting are all considered assets.
- Applicants should demonstrate capacity for high quality teaching (as evidenced by teaching evaluations if available).
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Accounting and Finance offers comprehensive undergraduate majors in both accounting and finance. The department consists of 16 full-time and eight part-time members serving 475 accounting majors and 250 finance majors. The Department also provides instruction for the MBA program.
- Letter of application
- Graduate school transcript
- Current resume
- Summary of student evaluations (if available)
- Names and contact information for three references
Please submit materials in PDF format.
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm by following the instructions. (Click on our position vacancy--Accounting Lecturer ID #8900) and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login.") Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, email:
Dr. Raj Aroskar, Chair
Department of Accounting and Finance
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by March 22, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment