A 50%, nine-month professional academic staff position in the Student Services Coordinator title series is available in theAcademic Skills Center beginning August 11, 2014, to serve as an English as a Second Language Coordinator. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance and funding. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Coordinate the College Achievement Program for U.S. residents who are second language students
- Work with Admissions to select CAP students
- Coordinate program curriculum
- Develop curriculum and teach at least one developmental course in the program each semester
- Develop and coordinate program activities
- Gather and interpret data for program evaluation
- Evaluate and monitor student progress
- Track and maintain data for multiple CAP cohorts
- Be a point of contact for the CAP students
- Evaluate and assess the English skills of U.S. residents who are second language students and international students to determine tutoring needs
- Approve and coordinate testing accommodations for U.S. residents who are second language students
- Coordinate the hiring, training, and supervision of tutors working with International students, U.S. resident second-language students and students in foreign language courses
- Contribute to unit, university, and community activities as appropriate
- Continue to expand knowledge and skills through professional growth and development.
- Collaborate with other university professionals to provide student support
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A master's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Demonstrated ability to work with international and diverse populations
- Teaching experience
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Experience at the college level teaching international or diverse populations whose native language is not English
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusiveness
- TESOL certification.
The Academic Skills Center
The unit of the Academic Skills Center consists of a director and five staff members. The academic skills center is located within the Student Success Center. Please visit our website at www.uwec.edu/ASC .
Materials required in pdf format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Unofficial transcript
- Names and contact information for three references.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Select Job Title: Academic Skills Center: English as a Second Language Coordinator; Job ID #9758; and click the Apply Now button. You must create an account/register and login to apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are complete. Please submit materials in PDF format only.
Please direct requests for additional information to Dr. Audrey Robinson, Director, Academic Skills Center; firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by June 2, 2014.. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested (this option is available in the online application process). Names of the top five finalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment