The Wisconsin Economics Association (WEA) is a non-profit organization whose purposes are the advancement of economic knowledge and the economics profession. In general, the WEA seeks to establish and maintain a strong network among Wisconsin economists as well as economists across the Midwest.The WEA hosts an annual conference for members to exchange ideas, present research and foster collaboration.The conference is typically scheduled in November or December.
The 2012 WEA Conference was a great success!
We hope you will join us for next year's conference The 2013 WEA Conference will be in Stevens Point on Friday & Saturday, November 8 & 9th. Stay tuned for more information.
The WEA is particularly interested in supporting:
• Undergraduate and graduate student research presentations
• Research into the teaching of economics at the college and university level
• Research examining topics of regional interest
WEA Officers and Board Members:• President: John Stoll, UW Green Bay, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Vice President: Eric Jamelske, UW Eau Claire, email@example.com
• Treasurer: Mashid Jalilvand, UW Stout, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Faculty Research Coordinator: Matthew Winden, UW Whitewater, email@example.com
• Student Research Coordinator: Jason Davis, UW Stevens Point, Jason.Davis@uwsp.edu
• Development Coordinator: Cory Wanek, Waukesha Technical College, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Webmaster: Laura Middlesworth, UW Eau Claire, email@example.com
WEA Supporting Board Members:
• Mary Beth Ascher, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Insoussa Boubacar, UW Stout, email@example.com
• Thomas Kemp, UW Eau Claire, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Matthew Raunio, UW Sheboygan, email@example.com
• Richard Tyson, UW Stout, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Andrew Weier, Saint Joseph's Hospital, Andrew.Weier@ministryhealth.org