The IEP at UWEC offers international students quality intensive academic English language instruction; provides a cultural orientation to the United States while developing intercultural communication skills; and fosters the attitudes, habits, and skills necessary for success in higher education at UWEC and elsewhere.
In support of fulfilling this mission, we also:
- provide excellent IEP student support and advising,
- commit to our own professional development and to evidence-based teaching,
- promote an improved, inclusive campus climate for intercultural learning,
- serve as a resource for faculty, staff, and students interested in the internationalization of our campus, in international or intercultural education, or the teaching of ESL,
- create opportunities for, and support intercultural communication and enriching educational experiences for both domestic and international students,
- attract, retain and advocate for international students.