- B.A. 1974, Liberal Studies, California State University at Fullerton
- Dip.C.S. 1977, Christian Studies, Regent College, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- M.S. 1996, Curriculum and Instruction, University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee
- Ed.D. 2004, Critical Pedagogy, University of Saint Thomas
Areas of Expertise:
- Middle School Issues
- Diversity Issues
- Facilitating Professional Development
- Critical Pedagogy
- Middle School Girls
- Hmong and Other Wisconsin Immigrant Groups
- Mertens, S. B., Anfara, V. A., Jr., Caskey, M. M., & Flowers, N. (Eds.) (2012).
- Common planning time: Research studies from the MLER SIG’s National Middle Grades Research Project. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing. Pattee, D.K. Social Capital and Common Planning Time. Ninth volume in the Handbook of Research in Middle Level Education Volume 9 in the Handbook of Research in Middle Level Education.
- Keown-Bomar, J.A. & Pattee, D. What’s class got to do with it? A pedagogical response to a deficit perspective. In Gorski, P. (Ed.). Assault on working class kids: hyper-accountability, corporatization, Ruby Payne, & deficit theories. New York, NY: Peter Lang Publishing Group.
- Pattee, D.K, & Loguidice, T. (2011). Preparing Socially Conscious Teachers: A SoTL Studyof Teacher Education Students Responses to Seven Scenarios. MountainRise. Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, North Carolina.
- Thorsen, C., deKoven, A., Pattee, D. Watson, D.C., & Collier, A (2011) The Story of Addressing Disproportionality as told by a Collaborative Culturally-Responsive Coalition. Action In Teacher Education, vol. 33 no. 5-6.
- Watson, D. & Pattee, D.K. Blending Oracy: Blending Knowledge Production and Social Navigation. In WSRA (Wisconsin State Reading Association. Journal Vol. 49.No. 3 (Fall 2010/Winter 2011). Pages 34 – 40.
- Murphy, V., Rieck, A., Kolis, M., Pattee, D.K. & McIntyre, S. (2008). Breaking tradition: teacher education classrooms as safe learning communities built upon PIES – M! Wisconsin School Musician. 79(3), pp. 22-24.
- Pattee, D. K. & Powell, K. (2008, May). Bullying and Frienemies: Alternative Aggressions. The WAMLE Journal.
- Pattee, D.K., Powell, K. & Gosse, M. (2007, spring). Gender equity in the classroom. The WAMLE Journal.
- Reynolds, K. & Pattee, D.K. (2006, November). Using Discovery Boxes with ELL Learners. Essential Teacher.
- Pattee, D.K. (2006, Spring). Circles of our multicultural selves. The WAMLE Journal, 10(2).
- Koewn-Bomar, J. & Pattee, D.K. (2008, fall). PACE: Poverty awareness for community engagement. Social Class in the United States. In What’s Class Got To Do With It? (2008, Fall).Madison: UW Extension Cooperative Extension.
- Pattee, D. (2007, December). Teaching tip: Circles of our multicultural Lives. December Spotlight on Teaching and Learning.UWEC NET.
- Pattee, D. (2006, February 16). Difficult dialogues. The Spectator.
- Current Vita (Word Format)