Click on the questions below to view the answers:
- What browser should I use with D2L?
- Help! I can see my course but can't click on the link!
- When is D2L's maintenance window?
- What resources are available if I need assistance?
- Why are my D2L pop-up windows being blocked?
Although you may see a D2L course for the coming semester in your course listing, you may not be able to access the course until the semester begins. The course start and end dates are listed to the right of the course name. You will be able to access the course on the course start date. Likewise, you will not be able to access a course once the end date has passed. Contact your instructor if you wish to request special access to a course outside of the course start/end dates.
You have access to courses in which you are enrolled as an instructor regardless of the start and end dates of the course.
Attempting various tasks during these maintenance periods may result in slowness or Internal Server (HTML 500) errors:
D2L Weekly Maintenance Schedule
Every Day (Sun-Sat)
Every Day (Sun-Sat)
midnight - 12:30 a.m.
1:45 a.m. - 5:00 a.m.
5:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Try logging in again, attempting your function later after a short delay, or waiting for the end of the maintenance operation period. It is strongly recommended that you do not attempt to use the quizzing tool during these times. Other outages occur periodically for upgrades outside of this maintenance window. Users will be notified of any upcoming outages on this site.
- UW-Eau Claire Helpdesk - Feel free to contact the Helpdesk during business hours for D2L assistance.
- UW-Madison DoIT Helpdesk - If the UW-Eau Claire Helpdesk is closed, you may contact the UW-Madison DoIT Helpdesk for assistance
- LTS Online Help Collection - Here you will find documents listing step-by-step instructions for using most D2L tools. The documentation is available for instructors and students.
There are a few possible causes of pop-up windows being blocked in D2L.
The Pop-Up Blocker may be turned on in Internet Explorer.
If this is the case, you need to add the D2L site to the list of allowed sites.Visit the Microsoft web site to learn how to add our D2L site to the list of allowed sites.
The Yahoo! or Google Toolbar may be installed in your browser.