print header

Employee Assistance Program 

RECOMMENDED Employee Assistance Program Resources

  1. Vital Work Life (UWECs Employee Assistance Program) can be accessed at or by calling 1-800-383-1908.
  2. UWEC Human Resources 715-836-2513

The University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is committed to promoting the wellness of the faculty, staff, and significant others. However,  due to the ongoing changes at UWEC, the EAP services offered by Counseling Services will provide limited services.

  1. Consultation- will offer direction and possible resources to those who are concerned about another employee.
  2. Crisis Management- will offer 1-2 session to help stabilize the impact of the crisis and suggest possible resources on and off campus.
  3. Administrative Referrals- to offer sessions related to work performance issues and goal setting.  Referrals may be made by those in a supervisory role concerned with an employee's work performance.  An outside resource may be needed for longer term employee needs.

Who is Eligible?
All UWEC faculty and Staff who are seeking consultation, managing crisis, and those who have been administratively referred for work performance.

The foundation of the Employee Assistance Program is the confidentiality of its services. All information disclosed in the counseling session is confidential and will not be released to anyone outside the University Counseling Center without written permission of the employee.

However, exceptions, as required by law, may occur in instances such as:

  • there is a serious danger of violence to another
  • self-injury is likely unless protective measures are taken
  • there is reason to believe that abuse of children or elderly persons has occurred
  • Court Order signed by a judge.
How do I use the Program?   
You can walk in or call directly for information about the program, to discuss a concern, or to arrange an individual appointment with one of our clinicians. Times are available during the day and limited evening hours (during the semester). Call 715-836-5521.