First Offender Class
November 25, 2017 (Saturday) (Last class until February 2018)
8 AM - 4:30 PM
Location: Centennial Hall 1920
There will be a 1/2 hour lunch (on your own).
- MUST complete registration for class IN Person at Counseling Services - Old Library 2122
- Bring $40 CASH or CHECK - we do have access to a credit card machine
(The class fee is not refundable)
The First Offenders (FOF) Class is offered to UWEC students (must be a UWEC student) who have received an underage drinking citation or would like to learn more about alcohol use in a group setting.
Individuals who would like to attend the class for personal reasons will be required to complete an initial intake session with a counselor with UWEC Counseling Services.
The class is designed to address three main goals:
- Education about alcohol/substance use
- Build skills for moderate and safe use
- Reflection about personal use
The class will provide students with information on how they can make educated/informed decisions about consumption in the future.
Preregistration is a requirement; same-day registration is not an option.
- It is the student's responsibility to confirm with the court whether this class meets the requirements for the court.
- The student is also responsible for submitting the class completion form to the court system.
- UWEC Counseling Services is not responsible for providing confirmation of attendance to court systems.
- To meet Eau Claire County requirements, this is an 8-hour course, and students must attend all eight (8) hours to receive credit for the class.
First Offender Classes are facilitated by professional staff members. The instructors use the First Offender Forum Curriculum, developed and approved by Eau Claire County.
If you have any questions, please call Counseling Services 715-836-5521 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.