PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND
- Travel and registration fee expense reimbursement is allowed under this program.
- Departments, units or individuals are usually expected to contribute some portion of the cost of the proposed activity.
- This program is not to be used for tuition reimbursement.
- This program is not to be used to fund mandatory training needed to maintain necessary professional certification.
- This program is not to be used to fund mandatory training needed to pass probation.
- If an applicant is traveling to be a conference speaker, we reserve the right to ask whether the applicant is being paid for his or her services or is being reimbursed for expenses.
WHO CAN APPLY
Any full- or part-time classified staff, whether permanent, limited-term, or project. Also, University divisions, departments, and units which sponsor training and development programs for classified staff.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply online via the Application for Funding form.
- The form should be completed at least three weeks prior to the training, if possible. The Classified Staff Funding Committee will consider the merit of the request and make a recommendation.
CRITERIA FOR APPROVING REQUESTS
- Training will contribute to the employee's professional development.
- Amount of money requested is reasonable when compared to other requests.
- Number of requests from that department, and the dollar amount already awarded to its employees, does not seem excessive relative to similar departments.
- Department or the employee will also fund some portion of the cost.
GRANT FUND TO ASSIST CLASSIFIED STAFF
UW-Eau Claire Foundation Inc.
The Grant Fund to Assist Classified Staff was created by Susie Warden and Linda Haag, and is intended to sustain and strengthen the quality of the support staff at UW-Eau Claire.
A $250 scholarship from the Classified Staff Grant Fund will be awarded each fall and spring semester, as funds allow.
WHO CAN APPLY
Classified staff, including permanent, project and LTE staff, who are employed at least half time and enrolled for a course(s) are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Provide your resume and a brief explanation of why support is needed. Apply online using the E-form.
Applications for the fall award must be submitted by the fourth Friday in July. Applications for the spring award must be submitted by the second Friday in December. Contact Daniel Hillis, (715) 836-4961, with questions.
CLASSIFIED STAFF SCHOLARSHIP FUND FOR UNDERGRADUATES
The Classified Staff Scholarship Fund for Undergraduates was established in the Foundation by Robin Leary and Penny France on June 16, 2000. Shortly after its organization, the Classified Staff Scholarship Committee was formed. The Committee was successful in raising $5,000 for the fund and soliciting matching funds from the Chancellor.
In May of 2003, the first Classified Staff Scholarship recipients were announced. They were Tara Fuehrer, a junior Business Finance major from Auburndale, and Eric Krause, a senior Management Information Systems major for Eau Claire. They were chosen randomly from a pool of 67 students nominated by permanent members of the Classified Staff for the $500 award.
NOMINATE OR DONATE
Any student who is attending UW-Eau Claire in the fall (returning students must have a 2.0 grade-point average) is eligible to be nominated. To nominate a student, please find all the relevant details on one of the online nomination forms:
- Nomination form for current and retired staff who HAVE a campus username/password
- Nomination form for retired staff who do NOT have a campus username/password
The deadline for nominations is the first Monday in April.
Please also consider donating to the Classified Staff Scholarship for Undergraduate Students so we can continue to offer the scholarship and to build the endowment so more than one scholarship can be given. If interested, please visit the UW-Eau Claire Foundation's Gift Giving Web page.