UW-Eau Claire guidepost goals
UW-Eau Claire has four guidepost goals that direct our efforts to serve our students well:
- 100% of students participating in two high-impact practices
- 90% of our entering students retained to their sophomore year
- 50% of all students graduating within four years
- 20% enrollment of students of color and elimination of the opportunity gap
|Thoughts and reflections from Chancellor James Schmidt as he leads the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in its mission to serve the public good.|
2016-2020 Strategic Plan: Creating Our Future
Investing in our faculty and staffImplementation of an insttitutional compensation package began April 30, 2017.
- Read "Investing in our faculty and staff," a Chancellor's Blog post that provides the details about the compensation package.
Addressing the 2015-17 state budget challengeOn July 12, Gov. Scott Walker signed the 2015-17 Wisconsin state budget into law. Under that budget, UW-Eau Claire's net, annual reduction each year during 2015-17 was $12.2 million. This included the university's structural deficit of $4.5 million and the state budget reduction of $7.7 million per year.
Visit the 2015-17 University Budget Updates page for complete and ongoing information on the 2015-17 biennial budget.
UW-Eau Claire long-range enrollment planning
In January 2014, Chancellor Schmidt appointed an Enrollment Management Task Force to look ahead 10 years and make recommendations that would help assure that UW-Eau Claire will be able to live according to its values, fulfill its mission as a regional comprehensive university and achieve the financial outcomes needed to stay viable. The group was asked to develop long-range enrollment goals for UW-Eau Claire focused on three areas: size of the student body, profile and mix of students, and undergraduate retention and graduation rates. Their report, developed after a semester of study and analysis, describes a university that is growing, even in the face of greater competition. The report describes a campus where every member of the campus community takes responsibility for helping to recruit students.
- Read the Enrollment Management Task Force report (password protected).
Chancellor's past messages
- 2017-18 academic year opening address, Aug. 22, 2017 (read text or view video)
- 2016-17 academic year opening address, Aug. 23, 2016 (read text or view video)
- 2015-16 academic year opening address, Aug. 25, 2015 (read text)
- 2014-15 academic year opening address, Aug. 26, 2014 (read text)
- Centennial Hall dedication remarks, Feb. 5, 2014 (read text)
- Inaugural address, Nov. 8, 2013 (read text or view video)