Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Fellow
The Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Fellow reports to the chancellor and works closely with students, vice chancellors, academic departments and key units including Admissions, Affirmative Action, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, and Office of Multicultural Affairs. The EDI Fellow focuses on equity, diversity and inclusiveness issues, including
- Pedagogy and curricular initiatives
- Student and employee recruitment and retention strategies
- Promotion and follow-through for the Equity Scorecard
- Coordination with UW System and campus leaders on projects including AACU/LEAP Compass and “Inclusive Excellence”
- Assisting with coordination of a campus climate survey and follow-up focus groups.
Current EDI Fellows
Dr. Mary Canales, associate professor of nursing and a women's studies affiliate, and Dr. David Jones, associate professor of English and women's studies, are UW-Eau Claire's current EDI fellows. Canales and Jones work with departments across campus, the University Senate and university administration to identify and promote best practices to advance EDI efforts. Read the announcement of the appointments of Canales and Jones.