Business Casual - WOMEN
Karen Dominguez, Marshfield Clinic AmeriCorps member, Blugold Beginnings
- A button-up collared dress shirt or blouse are the most professional options for business casual.
- Avoid revealing and plunging necklines, but it is not necessary to fasten the very top button of your blouse.
- Neutral colors are recommended for dress shirt and blouses.
- Avoid bright colors and distracting patterns for all articles of clothing and accessories.
- If you wear your hair down make sure it out of your face. Use neutral color clips or bobby pins to pull it back.
Dani Olson, Education major
- Make sure your dress shirt and pants are clean and wrinkle-free.
- A hairstyle that is well combed and pulled back looks professional.
- Dress pants or skirts should be black, grey, brown or navy blue.
- A dress skirt should sit right at or below the knee.
Crystal Vang, Elementary Program Coordinator, Blugold Beginnings
- Avoid wearing bangle bracelets, hanging earrings, or statement necklaces.
- Consider wearing a string of pearls or a fine chain in silver or gold.
- Only wear one or two rings with a simple bracelet or nice watch
- Complement your natural features by using neutral lip stick colors and eye shadows.
- Avoid Heavy eye liner and mascara.
- Also avoid using glitter, neon or metallic eye shadows.
- Do not use heavy perfumes as they may cause allergies.