Learning about yourself is important when choosing your major, your career, and when starting your job search. Explore your interests, personality, values, and skills to make better decisions. Career Services offers a variety of tools to do some self-assessment.
Review your results with a career advisor. Schedule an appointment.
Career Cruising is a free online self-assessment career research tool.
- Take one or more of the assessments to see what careers are the best fit for you
- Watch interviews with professionals in a variety of career fields to learn more about what it is to do a job.
- Create your own portfolio so that you can save jobs you are interested in to your personal account.
SIGI 3 will help you explore career options and learn more about yourself.
CareerLocker (Formerly WiscCareers) allows you to assess your career interests, work values and workplace skills. You need a registration code to access the site, available from Career Services.
Card Sorts can help you explore majors, occupations and skills depending on the interests of the person. There are several types of card sorts available at Career Services including:
- Career Skills
- UW-Eau Claire Majors
- Your overall interest patterns and orientation to work
- How your profile compares to that of people in 109 occupations
- How you like to learn, work, assume leadership and take risks.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator measures the four dimensions of one’s personal style. This can help you understand how you make decisions, the work environment in which you are most comfortable, and which kinds of tasks are learned most easily. The MBTI requires a counselor referral and there is a fee*
* Fees associated with each assessment represent the cost of testing materials. No student, however, will be denied the use of a career assessment instrument because of an inability to pay the fee.