How to Sign Up for On-Campus Interviews
Here is a guide on how to sign up for on-campus interviews through our campus recruiting program Blugold CareerLink. At the bottom of the page is a printable guide as well.
Logging Into Blugold CareerLink
- Visit Blugold CareerLink at www.myinterfase.com/uwec/employer/
- If you have an account: login with your credentials
- If you do not have an account: click "Create New Account"
- If your organization is listed, check the box to the name and click “Continue”, fill out the form and click “Register” to submit. If your organization is not listed, click “Can’t Find Your Organization” and fill out this form to have your organization listed.
- You will receive an email once your account is approved which will let you login to BCL.
Setting Up On-Campus Interviews
- Hover over “On-Campus Interviews” and click “New Schedule Request” from the drop down menu. If you cannot see the button on this menu, it is not available to your account. To change this contact us at (715) 836-6018 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are two types of interviews:
- a. Preselect Continouous
- This type allows you to “preselect” candidates who apply through BGCL until a set date of your choice.
- b. Open
- Interviews are open to anyone in a first-come-first-serve basis. This may not be the best option for positions that require a higher degree of qualification.
- Once you have chosen the best interview type for your position, fill in the Posting Information section
- In the Interview Request Preferences section, choose your interview type and preferred interview dates. Choose a backup in the case that another organization has already reserved the space for that day. Provide as much detail as you can so we can best accommodate you and your organization.
Selecting Positions to Include in On-Campus Interviews
- On the next page you select the jobs you want to have linked to your interview. You can select any positions that you would like to interview for on that day, but you must select at least one or the system will not let you continue. Click “Add New Job” to select from active positions you have posted.
- The Recruitment Coordinator will contact you to confirm your interview date. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call 715-836-6018.
How to choose students you would like to invite for an interview
- Hover over “My Jobs” and select “Job List” from the drop down menu. This will show your current and past positions. Choose the job you have an interview scheduled for.
- Scroll down to “Linked Interview Schedule” and click the Schedule ID # (4 digit number).
- On the left hand menu, click “Manage Preselects” under the Page Functions menu.
- To email yourself the scheduled students’ resumes, check the boxes for the students you want to view (or all students) and click “Create Packet”. You can also view the documents the students have submitted.
- The list of students who have applied for an interview will appear on this page. You can select Accepted or Not Accepted to allow them to select an interview time. Be sure to click 'Save Picks' after making selections.
How long in advance should I schedule the interviews?
- You are encouraged to schedule interviews as early as possible so students will have the appropriate lead time to submit their resume to you. If you are interviewing on-campus, this will also give you the best selection of dates. Dates can be scheduled a semester or year in advance. However, a four to six week lead time is required for all pre-select schedules.
How do students participate in these interviews?
- Students register to participate in BCL by completing an online profile and submitting a resume.
How does pre-selecting candidates work?
- Preselecting allows you to choose who you want to interview on campus, much as you would through your organization’s application process. Applicants can request an interview with you through BCL, and their application materials will be available for you to review.
Where are on-campus interviews held?
- All on-campus interviews are held in the Career Services Office - Schofield Hall - Room 230. Seven interview rooms are available each day. Schedules are set to accommodate recruiters in a timeframe conducive to student class schedules.
What is a typical On-Campus Recruiting Day?
- 30-minute interview schedules begin at 8:30 and end at 4:15 with lunch from 11:45-1:00 and a 15-minute break at 10:00 and 2:30. There are 12 appointment times available in this schedule.
- 45-minute interview schedules begin at 8:30 and end at 4:15 with lunch from 11:45-1:00 and a 15-minute break at 10:00 and 2:30. There are 8 appointment times available in this schedule.
- 60-minute interview schedules begin at 8:00 and end at 4:15 with lunch from 12:15-1:00 and a 15 minute break at 10:00 and 3:00 . There are 7appointment times available in this schedule.
What about Pre-Interview Meetings or On-Campus Employer Information Sessions?
- On Campus Employer Information Sessions held the afternoon or evening before interviews may be arranged. Contact Career Services at (715) 836-6018 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
What about parking?
- Visitors to campus must stop at the Visitor Center (located at the corner of Roosevelt and Park Aves.) Our office will reserve one parking space for each organization until 9 am on the day of the interview unless previous arrangements are made. Recruiters may pick up their Guest Permit at the Visitor Center.
- If more than one parking space is needed, a Guest Permit may be obtained by contacting us at email@example.com or 715-836-6018. Parking and no parking areas are posted throughout the campus. Vehicles parked in fire zone, expired meters, roadways and loading areas are subject to fines.
What if the recruiters attending the event are not the same people who are setting up the BCL posting?
- If you are preselecting candidates from a career event, make sure your recruiters are aware of how you will be running the interviews from BCL. This is so they can explain to the students exactly what will happen when they apply to avoid any confusion between the event recruiters and those who will be conducting the interviews.