In general, an instructional intern in CSD is designed to foster a 1:1 working relationship between a faculty mentor who wishes to have assistance in relationship to a particular course and a student who wishes to expand knowledge, skills, and competencies in the discipline of communication sciences and disorders.
In order for a student to apply for an instructional internship they must meet the following prerequisites:
- declared CSD major
- 3.0 or better GPA in all CSD coursework prior to the internship experience
- grade of A- or better in the course being pursued for internship
In addition to the above prerequisites, a student may not:
- earn more than 6 total credits as an instructional intern
- apply to be an instructional intern for a course he/she has already used for II (however, a student MAY II for both the face-to-face and online versions of the same course)
- participate as an instructional intern more than three times total during his/her undergraduate program
An eForm application process must be completed by the dates indicated below and decisions regarding instructional internship appointments will be made by the CSD faculty by the 3rd Friday in March for the fall semester and the 3rd Friday in October for the spring semester. Once the instructional internship has been awarded, the faculty member and the student develop specific responsibilities for the course that has been assigned.
Instructional Internship Application Form (online eForm)
Deadline for Fall II Applications--3rd Friday in March
Deadline for Spring II Applications--3rd Friday in October
Instructional Internship Contract (online eForm)