We appreciate your interest in our residential graduate program in Communication Sciences & Disorders here at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Our curriculum allows a student to meet academic and practicum requirements for:
- The CCC-SLP from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- The public school license in speech and language pathology from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- State licensure in Wisconsin [a Department of Regulation and Licensing license in speech-language pathology.
Our program is intensive, current, and exciting, and is accredited in speech-language pathology by the Council on Academic Accreditation of the American Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Our 2013 applicant data includes:
- Number of completed applications received – 209
- Average overall GPA of admitted students – 3.64
- Average major GPA of admitted students – 3.96
- Average GRE verbal score– 151.3
- Average GRE quantitative score– 149.6
- Average GRE writing score– 3.94
Please be sure to keep us informed of any changes to your contact information during the application process by calling us at 715.836.4186 or emailing the CSD graduate coordinator. We plan to make admission decisions by mid-February, so all applicants will be informed by mail of their status by early March. The faculty decides on the size of each graduate class each year, but in recent years, each graduate class has been 18-20 students.
Again, thank you for your interest in our program. You are welcome to visit our facility, meet with me or other staff members or visit with current students. If you have any questions concerning the application process, or the program, please do not hesitate to call me at 715.836.4919 or email CSD Graduate Coordinator. We look forward to receiving your application for admission! A more detailed description of our program and the application procedures may be found in the Program Brochure.
Vicki Samelson, PhD, CCC-SLP
CSD Residential Graduate Program Coordinator