- Certified Lamaze Childbirth Educator (LCCE).
- Currently, pursuing doctorate at the University of St. Thomas in Education Leadership.
Course Content Areas:
- ADTN/FMHN 358, Individual and Family Transitions
- ADTN 352, clinical in the Acute OB setting
- Professional specialty area is maternity
- Spirituality and birth
- Cultural care
- Critical thinking through storytelling
- Nonpharmacologic nursing interventions during labor and birth
- For the past 3 years (during spring break), has taken a group of nursing students for a clinical cultural experience at a nurse-managed Birthcenter located at the border of Texas and Mexico.
- Facilitate several student independent/directed studies with a focus in maternal-child health.
- Undergraduate curriculum committee
- Youth mission trip leader; International Nursing Education committee
- Task Force for Representative Behaviors, Promotion and Tenure Guidelines
- School of Nursing Accreditation Subgroup member
- Search and Screen committee member for Adult Health Nursing Chair
- Honors advisor