- PhD in nursing, minor in gerontology
- Certified as nurse practitioner in gerontology with prescriptive authority; Certified as a healing touch practitioner
Course Content Areas:
- ADTN 420, Nursing: Health Enhancement and Nursing
- ADTN 422, Health Enhancement Practicum - focus is on chronic illness, the medical model treatment, complementary therapies, and nursing care of those chronic illnesses
- ADTN 742, Advanced Clinical Practice I
- ADTN 746, Advanced Clinical Practice II
- Outcomes research on complementary therapies, especially therapeutic touch and healing touch
- Gerontology, pain, chronic illness and how complementary therapies can be used to improve quality of life in these three areas
Areas of Expertise/Leadership:
- Complementary therapies
- Peck S. (in press). A Descriptive Study of Outcomes with the Use of Healing Touch in Elders and Adults with Chronic Illness. Journal of Holistic Nursing.
- Peck, S. (1998). The effectiveness of therapeutic touch for improving functional ability in elders with degenerative arthritis. Nursing Science Quarterly, 11(3) 123-132.
- Peck, S. (1997). The effectiveness of therapeutic touch for reliving pain in elders with degenerative arthritis. Journal of Holistic Nursing, 15(2) 176-198.
- Effectiveness of Therapeutic Touch for Pain and Functional Ability in Elders with Arthritis, poster presentation. Sigma Theta Tau Research Day, April 1996.
- Effectiveness of Therapeutic Touch for Pain and Functional Ability in Elders with Arthritis, poster presentation. UW-Eau Claire Annual Faculty/Student Research Collaboration Day, April 1996.
- Zorn, C., Ponick, D., & Peck, S. (Feb, 1995). An analysis of the impact of participation in an international study program on the cognitive development of senior baccalaureate nursing students. Journal of Nursing Education, 34(2) 67-70.
- Peck, S. (1994) Ethical issues surrounding therapeutic touch: Letter to the Editor. Journal of Holistic Nursing, 12(4), 367-368.
- Peck, S. (April 1993). Monitoring student learning with poetry writing. Journal of Nursing Education, 32(4) 190-191.
- Peck, S. (1991). Alterations in nutrition. In Synder, M., Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing. Albany, NY: Delmar.
- Peck, S. (1990). Therapulse effective in burn care. Kinetic Concepts, Inc., Publication.
- Peck, S. (Jan 1989). Spinal cord injury means long rehabilitation. Emergency Update (Local ER Newsletter).
- Peck, S. (June 1983). Calcium channel blockers for cerebal vasospasm. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 15(3), 123-127.
- Private practice in Healing Touch at UW-Eau Claire School of Nursing; Nurse Practitioner at St. John's Apartments - Independent Living for Seniors and Physically Disabled Adults, and Chippewa Valley Free Clinic.