|Michaelene Mirr Jansen
- Nursing biographies
- Minor brain trauma
Areas of Expertise/Leadership:
- Critical care, geriatrics and neuro trauma
- National Service:
- Board of Directors, National Organization of Nurse Practioner Faculties Responsible for developing a Teleweb Conference, October 22, 1999, and chairing the Programs Committee which puts on the Annual Conference. Currently chairing Faculty Practice Committee.
- Local Service:
- Board of Directors, Senior Citizens Training and Employment
- Provide free Health Screening Exams for Senior Aides program through the Senior Citizens Training and Employment.
- Health Maintenance Clinics at London Square Apartments and Oakwood Apartments.
- Cervical and Breast Cancer Screening through the Wisconsin Women's Cancer Control Program, Eau Claire City/County Health Department.
- Chippewa Valley Free Clinic, volunteer N.P.
- Clinical contract with Dr. Michael Smith for 20% release time to provide nurse practitioner services at Southside Medical Clinic.
- Scholarship: Recently co-edited a text on Advanced Practice Nursing with Mariah Snyder (Springer publisher). Also authored several chapters.
- Snyder, M. and Mirr, M.P. (Eds.)(1999). Advanced Practice Nursing. New York: Springer.
- Edited and contributed 3 chapters:
- Advanced practice nursing: An overview, p. 1-24.
- Professional issues: Licensure and Certification, Prescriptive Privileges and Reimbursement, p. 37-56.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the advanced practice nurse, p. 207-220.
- Mirr, M.P. (2000). Signe Skott Cooper. In V. Bullough et al (2000). Nursing Biographies Vol 3. New York: Springer.
- Mirr, M.P. (2000). Edith Partridge. In V. Bullough et al (2000). Nursing Biographies Vol 3. New York: Springer.
- Mirr, M.P. (2001). Abnormally Increased Arousal AANN's Behavior. Neuroscience Nursing (2nd ed.). Philadephia: WB. Saunder. pp 119-136.