- Diploma in Nursing from Burge School of Nursing (1977).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) from Southwest Missouri State University (1979).
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from the University of Minnesota (1982).
- Currently is a doctoral student at the University of Minnesota. Research interest is the self-management of chronic lung disease by persons with that disease.
- Certified as a Medical Surgical Clinical Specialist by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Clinical area is acute care.
Course Content Areas:
- Teaches ADTN 352, a clinical course, in which she works with students on a medical-surgical unit in an acute care setting.
Areas of Expertise/Leadership:
- Received the Helen Wells Research Award at the University of Minnesota in May of 2000.
- Practice: Volunteers as a Parish Nurse in her local church.