August 1, 2014
Student Position Available: Graphic Design Intern
Looking for a great graphic design experience?
The College of Business is looking for a student graphic designer to work during the 2014-15 academic year on a wide range of projects, including brochures, posters, invitations, websites, electronic newsletters, displays, and more. This is a great opportunity to gain real world experience while strengthening your portfolio. The position may be used as an internship.
Please send your resume by Friday, September 5, 2014 to Bonnie Krahn, COB graphic artist at email@example.com
- College of Business marketing team
- Position begins Fall 2014
- 10–15 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters. Exact days to be determined based on class schedule.
- Possibility for internship to be continued through winterim and summer months.
- Works with College of Business marketing team to develop themes and general concepts for printed materials and websites
- Designs and creates layouts for posters, invitations, flyers and other promotional printed materials
- Works with graphic artist to complete all pre-production tasks for submission to commercial printers
- Helps format the college’s web-based, electronic newsletters
- Develops graphics for website pages and electronic newsletters
- Helps maintain, archive, and update the College of Business website and Intranet
- Helps track website analytics
- Helps update the college’s social media sites.
- Must be creative and have a good sense of design
- Must be organized and attentive to detail
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with little supervision
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be proficient on a Macintosh platform
- Page layout software: must be proficient with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Web design software: experience with Dreamweaver, CommonSpot, or a good knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
- Must be familiar with current design/web technologies and trends
- Must know how to digitally manipulate images and use a digital camera/scanner.