May 6, 2014
May 2014 UW-Eau Claire and UW-River Falls ROTC graduates to receive commissions
The cadets and cadre of the Northwoods Battalion of the Reserve Officers' Training Corp (ROTC) will hold a spring commissioning ceremony, Friday, May 16 at 5 pm in the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Davies Center Ojibwa Grand Ballroom.
Five students from UW-Eau Claire and UW-River Falls have successfully completed the requirements for their academic degree programs and the ROTC program, and will be commissioned as a Second Lieutenant. Congratulations to the following students:
- Allison Derthick, a UW-Eau Claire criminal justice major from Knoxville, TN, will join the Tennessee Army National Guard as a military police officer. She will be stationed in Lenoir City, TN.
- Bryan Donovan, a UW-Eau Claire psychology major from Greenfield, WI, will join the 409th Medical Company as a medical services officer in the U.S. Army Reserve. He will be stationed in Madison, WI.
- Dietrich Henckel, a UW-River Falls agriculture engineering technology major from Viroqua, WI, will join the 34th Infantry Division of the Minnesota National Guard as an Army aviation officer. He will be stationed in St. Paul, MN.
- Shane Smith, a UW-Eau Claire chemistry major from Dousman, WI, will join the 105th Cavalry Squadron of the Wisconsin National Guard as a chemical officer. He will be stationed in Madison, WI.
- Alexander Thornton, a UW-Eau Claire criminal justice major from Chippewa Falls, WI, will join the 1st Battalion, 128th Infantry as a military intelligence officer in the Wisconsin National Guard. He will be stationed in Eau Claire, WI.
LTC K. Dave Pindell Jr., chair of the Department of Military Science and commander of the Northwoods Battalion of the Army ROTC, will conduct the ceremony.
For more information, contact Maj. Dan Walsh, UW-Eau Claire assistant professor of military science, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (715) 836-3617.