May 16, 2014
BCOM department announces 2014-15 Missling scholarship recipients
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Department of Business Communication has awarded Lorraine Missling Business Communication scholarships for the 2014-15 academic year to the following students:
- Courtney Kaufman, a management major from Appleton, WI.
- Erin M. Kelly, a Spanish major from Oakdale, MN
- Kaitlin Phillips, a business administration major from Eagan, MN
- Mandi Salo, a finance major from Duluth, MN
- CharlesThauwald, a finance major from Rochester, MN.
Recipients of the $500 award will be recognized at the College of Business Scholarship Luncheon, Friday, December 12, 2014 from 12:00–1:30 pm in the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Davies Center Dakota Ballroom.
The Lorraine Missling scholarship recognizes Dr. Lorraine Missling, an outstanding business educator who was also the college's first female faculty member. Missling received many awards and recognitions during her career, including the UW-Eau Claire Excellence in Teaching award, a recognition she received twice.
The Missling scholarship is available through the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Foundation.