April 30, 2014
Accounting and finance department to host reception for honors graduates, new Beta Alpha Psi members
The faculty and staff in the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Department of Accounting and Finance will host a reception for honor students, Friday, May 2 from 6–8 pm in the Davies Center Dulany Inn.
Two students will graduate in May from the Department of Accounting and Finance Honors Program. Congratulations to the following students:
- Amy Bainbridge, an accounting and finance double major from Hermantown, MN
- Grant Mueller, an accounting major from Apple Valley, MN.
To graduate with department honors, students must have resident, overall, and major gradepoint average of 3.50 or higher. In addition, they must have successfully participated in at least two of the following activities: a collaborative research project with a faculty member, a presentation at a professional conference, a paper accepted for publication in a peer reviewed journal, a project designed and executed under the guidance of a department faculty member, or an accounting or finance internship. Participation in the Accounting and Finance Departmental Honors Program is documented on the student's university record.
Six students will be inducted into Beta Alpha Psi, a national honor society that recognizes scholastic and professional excellence in the fields of accounting, finance and information systems. Congratulations to the following students:
- Katrina Elgersma, a senior accounting major from Vesper, WI
- Hannah Gaspar, a junior accounting and finance double major from Mankato, MN
- Drew Miles, a senior accounting and IS business analysis major from Eau Claire, WI
- Evan Morris, a senior accounting major from Neenah, WI
- K’trina Ruff, a junior accounting and finance double major from Bloomer, WI
- Jason Steers, a junior accounting major from Appleton, WI.
For more information, contact Dr. Dawna Drum, assistant professor, Department of Accounting and Finance.