April 17, 2014
Beta Gamma Sigma to initiate new members
Seventeen College of Business students will be initiated into the UW-Eau Claire chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The annual initiation will be held Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 3 pm in the Davies Center Menominee Room (320F). The event will be held in conjunction with the university’s Honors Month, a time set aside by the university to recognize students of high scholastic achievement.
The ceremony will be conducted by Dr. Kristy Lauver, associate professor of management and BGS faculty adviser, and the BGS officers. College of Business Dean Diane Hoadley and Joel Gregory, president, Minneapolis/St. Paul Area Beta Gamma Sigma Alumni Chapter, will also attend the event.
Emily Elsner Twesme, Department of Business Communication, will be recognized as the 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Outstanding professor.
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest honor bestowed upon business students at institutions accredited by AACSB International. Students are invited to join the organization by their business school faculty. To be eligible for invitation, undergraduate and graduate students must be in the upper 10 percent of the junior or senior class, or upper 20 percent of their MBA class.
Established in 1913, Beta Gamma Sigma has inducted more than 700,000 students into its membership. Members currently reside in all 50 U.S. states and more than 160 countries around the world. Beta Gamma Sigma has over 500 collegiate chapters at schools accredited by AACSB International. Additionally, 27 alumni chapters serve the needs of alumni members in major metropolitan areas, including Hong Kong.
To learn more about the UW-Eau Claire chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma, view its website at www.uwec.edu/bgs.
2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Initiates
- Benjamin Boldenow, an IS, business analysis major from Eden Prairie, MN
- Tyler James Breault, a junior accounting major from Chippewa Falls, WI
- Angela Rose Denver, a junior HR management major from Cumberland, WI
- Chelsea Fedie, a senior accounting and IS, business analysis double major from Altoona, WI
- Jamal Kawar, an MBA student from Appleton, WI
- Bonnie Krahn, an MBA student from Eau Claire, WI
- Alex Daniel Kubitz, junior finance major from Shakopee, MN
- Jessica Marie Ludwigson, senior accounting major from Weyerhaeuser, WI
- Rebecca Mary McCormick, senior management major from Caledonia, MN
- Brian Allen Hettrick, sophomore accounting major from Pleasant Prairie, WI
- Wyatt Dean Opelt, junior IS business analysis major from Hudson, WI
- Claryce Lorene Porzondek, senior accounting major from Chippewa Falls, WI
- Danielle Jennifer Schmalz, junior management major from Neenah, WI
- Alexander Michael Scullion, senior business administration major from Palatine, IL
- Quinlan James Smerud, junior accounting major from La Crosse, WI
- Jason Michael Steers, junior accounting major from Appleton, WI
- Samantha Marie VanGompel, junior accounting major from Green Bay, WI.