August 29, 2013
UW-Eau Claire APICS students headed to international conference
Seven University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire business students have been selected to participate in the 2013 APICS Scholars Education Program at APICS 2013, an international conference held September 29–October 1 in Orlando, Florida. The students will receive complimentary conference registrations, hotel accommodations and stipends. With an estimated attendance of more than 2,000 attendees from 40 countries, APICS 2013 is one of the world's largest gatherings of supply chain and operations management professionals.
The following UW-Eau Claire students are 2013 APICS Scholars:
- Ashley Hoefer, a senior operations/materials management major from Sun Prairie, WI
- Erika Holm, a senior operations/materials management major from Elk Mound, WI
- Mike Huberty, a senior operations/materials management major from Manawa, WI
- Trevor Kask, a senior operations/materials management major from Pepin, WI
- Joey Marek, a senior operations/materials management major from Maple Grove, MN
- Shane Segner, a senior operations/materials management major from Waconia, MN
- Jeremy Vincent, a senior business administration major from Chetek, WI.
APICS Scholars will attend educational sessions, tour Lockheed Martin, participate in a career fair and events such as the “Head of the Class” competition, and network with operations and supply chain management professionals and students from around the world. They will also be paired with an APICS professional member who will provide mentorship throughout the conference.
Theresa Wells, senior lecturer in the UW-Eau Claire Department of Management and Marketing and APICS student chapter adviser, will also attend the conference. For more information about the UW-Eau Claire APICS chapter, contact Wells by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.