May 10, 2013
Business majors honored at Student Excellence Awards
The Fourth Annual University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Student Excellence Awards were held Wednesday, May 8, 2013, in the Davies Center Ojibwe Ballroom. Twenty-five UW-Eau Claire undergraduate and graduate students were recognized for the exceptional contributions they have made to the university and the greater community.
Five business majors were honored at the event. Congratulations to the following 2013 award recipients:
- Jakob Broesch, a senior information systems major from Merrill, WI, was the recipient of the Excellence in Leadership Award. A $250 award is presented annually to a student who has made a meaningful contribution through exemplary service, commitment and leadership to the university.
- Nicole Foyt, a senior professional sales marketing major from Eden Prairie, MN, was the recipient of the College of Business Emerging Leader Award. A $250 award is presented annually to a current business student who has shown early leadership and potential for success.
- Gregory Jagemann, from Manitowoc, WI, was the named the 2013 Outstanding MBA Student. An August 2012 graduate, Jagemann was selected from a pool of students that included graduates from August 2012, December 2012, January 2013, and May 2013. A $500 award is presented annually to an outstanding graduate student.
- Braden Krien, a senior accounting, finance and creative writing English major from Lake Geneva, WI, was the recipient of the Excellence in Scholarly and Creative Activity Award. A $250 award is presented annually to a student who demonstrates creativity, initiative, self-reliance, perseverance and depth of knowledge in the execution of one or more scholarly projects.
- Joshua Mondor, a senior accounting student from New Richmond, WI, was the recipient of the College of Business Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award. A $500 award is presented annually to an outstanding graduating business senior.
The UW-Eau Claire Student Excellence Award program is supported by the UW-Eau Claire Alumni Association, UW-Eau Claire Foundation, and the University Centers, along with many generous award sponsors. Addition information about the program can be found at www.uwec.edu/Activities/leadership/awards.