May 1, 2013
BCOM department announces 2013 Missling scholarship recipients
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Department of Business Communication has awarded a Lorraine Missling Business Communication scholarship for the 2013–14 academic year to the following students:
- Hannah Gaspar, a sophomore accounting major from Mankato, MN
- Jacob Hagglund, a junior professional sales marketing major from Neillsville, WI
- Katelyn Morrison, a senior health care administration major from Crivitz, WI
- Lindsey Sowieja, a junior management major from Greenwood, WI
- Amber Steinert, a senior marketing analytics major from Duluth, MN.
Recipients of the $500 award will be recognized at the College of Business Scholarship Luncheon, Friday, December 6, 2013 in the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Davies Center Dakota Ballroom.
The Lorraine Missling scholarship recognizes Dr. Lorraine Missling, an outstanding business educator who was also the business college’s first female faculty member. Missling received many awards and recognitions during her career, including the UW-Eau Claire Excellence in Teaching award, a recognition she received twice.
The scholarship is available through the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Foundation.