April 23, 2013
Information Systems Department Awards 2013–14 Scholarships
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Department of Information Systems Scholarship Committee is pleased to award the following scholarships for the 2013–14 academic year:
- 3M: Nicole Leners, a senior IS, business analysis and German double major from Apple Valley, MN; and Mitch Miles, a senior accounting and IS, systems development double major from Eau Claire, WI. $500 each.
- Cargill: Gustav Petersson, a senior IS, business analysis major from Brookfield, WI. $300.
- Federated Insurance: Mary Scherkenbach, a senior IS, systems development major from Eau Claire, WI. $1,000.
- IS Department: Nathan Hamann, a senior IS, systems development major from Bloomington, MN. $600.
- Willard & Carol Korn: Drew Miles, a junior accounting and IS, business analysis double major from Eau Claire, WI. $300.
- Travelers: Chelsea Fedie, a senior accounting and IS, business analysis double major from Altoona, WI; and Drew Miles. $2,500 each.
Drew Miles and Mitch Miles are also recipients of Laptop Scholarships and Emerging Technologies Scholarships.
Scholarships are funded by gifts made through the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Foundation. The student laptop computers were funded by UW-Eau Claire alumni Rick Schroder and Evelyn Zabo through a gift made to the Foundation.
Donors and scholarship and laptop recipients will be recognized at the College of Business Scholarship Luncheon, Friday, December 6, 2013 from 12:00-1:30 pm in the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Davies Center Dakota Ballroom.