April 19, 2013
Student Senate results: Eight College of Business students win seats
Bryan Larson, a senior political science and business administration double major from Eagan, MN has been elected University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire student body president for the 2013-14 academic year. Jason Rector, a senior criminal justice major from Osceola, WI, will serve as vice president.
Seven College of Business students have also been elected to the 2013-14 Student Senate. These students are as follows:
- Samuel Fish, a freshman business economics major from Burlington, WI
- Jonathan Wieser, a freshman management major from Maiden Rock, WI.
Off campus senators
- Cale Arhart, a junior marketing analytics major from Stacy, MN
- Stephen Fisher, a senior business economics and finance major from Maple Grove, MN
- Nicole Foyt, a senior professional sales marketing major from Eden Prairie, WI
- Christian Paese, a sophomore accounting major from Janesville, WI
- Jefferson Schmidtke, a junior operations/materials management major from Wausau, WI.
Elections were held April 15–17, 2013.
The UW-Eau Claire Student Senate represents the best interests of the students of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire by authoring and passing legislation to better improve student life and the overall quality of the university. It is responsible for allocating nearly $4 million annually in segregated fees to organizations such as Athletics, Student Health Services, and other deserving organizations. In addition, Student Senate controls the over $1 million information technology budget which helps support laptop rentals, general access labs, wireless Internet and more. The Student Senate also helps allocated $12 million in Blugold Commitment differential tuition which is used to increase student access to courses and support high impact practices such as collaborative research, internships, and student competitions.
For more information about the UW-Eau Claire Student Senate, visit their website at www.uwec.edu/StudentSenate.