January 3, 2013
Free online tax filing service for UW-Eau Claire students, faculty and staff
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire students, faculty and staff can file their own 2012 federal and state taxes on-campus this year thanks to an online service offered by the UW-Eau Claire Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA). The UW-Eau Claire FSA is a program of the UW-Eau Claire Department of Accounting and Finance.
To qualify for the new online filing service, taxpayers must have earned less than $57,000 in 2012 and have a valid uwec email address.
UW-Eau Claire students, faculty and staff interested in using this service may complete and file their returns in the UW-Eau Claire Center for Sales and Sales Management, Schneider Hall, Room 322. UW-Eau Claire users are required to show their UW-Eau Claire ID. Taxpayers will work in one of four private rooms equipped with a computer kiosk. Trained UW-Eau Claire student VITA volunteers will be on hand to provide technical support and answer basic tax questions.
The Center will be open Mondays and Wednesdays from 1-4 pm starting January 14, 2013. During Spring Break the Center will be closed. The last day for service will be Monday, April 15. Taxpayers can schedule a time slot to prepare your own taxes at tinyurl.com/uwectaxprep for a 60-minute block of time.
Taxpayers should bring with them:
- Blugold ID
- Social Security Numbers for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Copy of last year’s federal and state returns
- Bank account routing number and account number
- Daycare provider and daycare provider tax identifying number
The UW-Eau Claire FSA online service is sponsored by the Internal Revenue Service. Additional funding was provided by UW-Eau Claire Academic Affairs/Office of the Provost.