October 1, 2013
Punish the Pointers! Homecoming 2013
Ten things you can do to show your Blugold Spirit at this year’s Homecoming
- Sing the Blugold Fight Song. Find the lyrics at www.uwec.edu/alumni/spirit/fightsong.htm. Sing along with the Singing Statesmen at www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7txJZ1jqgY.
- Show your Blugold spirit AND save money. Buy a Homecoming Button to get discounts on homecoming week events. Davies Center, Service Center Entrance.
- Paint the town red–or maybe just Davies Center windows. Window Painting, Fri., Oct. 4, at 8 am, Davies Center.
- Let your inner child go wild at Campus Game Day 1 & 2. Wed., Oct. 9, from 4-5 pm for three-legged race, tug-o-war, water balloon toss, toilet paper roll. Thur., Oct. 10, from 4-6 pm for human knot, human pyramid, obstacle relay, Tricycle Race, Frisbee Golf. All events at Towers Field.
- Vote for your favorite King and Queen candidate. Round One online voting begins Tue., Oct. 8 at 9 am. Round Two online voting begins Thu., Oct. 10 at 9 am.
- Lose your voice at Yell-Like-Hell, a Homecoming tradition since the ‘60s. The Homecoming court is introduced at the rally. Wed., Oct. 9 at 7 pm (approximate time) in Zorn Arena.
- Buy a ticket to Varsity Night Live! It’s the Blugold version of America’s Got Talent. See the Homecoming King and Queen crowed at this event. Fri, Oct. 11 at 7 pm in the Zorn Arena. Tickets available at the UW-Eau Claire Service Center.
- Get in step with the Blugold Marching Band. Homecoming parade, Sat., Oct. 12 at 10 am. From Lake St and Oxford Ave to First Avenue and Water Street. View this year’s band at www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I2PgFQ-Hoo.
- Watch the Blugolds “punish” the UW-Stevens Point Pointers. Football game, Oct. 12 at 1 pm in Carson Park. Celebrate a victory at the Fifth Quarter following the game.
- Be a good neighbor. Adopt a Block Clean-Up. Sun., Oct. 13, 1 pm. Water Street Parking Lot (Rain or Shine)