May 10, 2012
Kubitschek named Outstanding Marketing Student; Marketing and Sales Students Recognized
Front row (l to r): Alexandra Flores2, Breanna Begin1,2, Jessica Parish2, Teresa Kroll1, Jamison Hauser1, Christina Kubitschek1.
Back rom (l to r): Ryan Matchey2, Andy Gerver1, Paul Coates1,2, Ryan Gilmore2, Justin Held2, Matt Jaskowiak2, Brady Zwiefelhofer2, Joe Poppe2.
1Outstanding Marketing Student nominees, 2Certified Sales Student certificate recipients
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Business marketing faculty hosted the May 2012 marketing graduates at a dinner held in their honor, Wednesday, May 9, 2012. The event was held at the home of Dr. Joe Bonner.
Christina Kubitschek, a marketing student from Shoreview, MN, was named the May 2012 Outstanding Marketing Student. Learn more about Kubitschek below.
Other students nominated by the marketing faculty for the award and recognized at the event for their scholarship, leadership, and community service were:
- Breanna Begin, a professional sales marketing major from Maple Grove, MN
- Paul Coates, a professional sales marketing major from Dousman, WI
- Andrew Gerver, a marketing major from White Bear Lake, MN
- Jamison Hauser, a marketing major from Hartland, WI
- Teresa Kroll, a marketing major from Sun Prairie, WI.
Eleven students also were recognized for completing the requirements for Certified Sales Student certificate sponsored by the University Sales Center Alliance, a consortium of recognized and accredited sales programs across the country.
These students were:
- Breanna Begin, a senior professional sales marketing major from Maple Grove, MN
- Paul Coates, a senior professional sales marketing major from Dousman, WI
- Matthew Faster, a senior professional sales marketing major from Appleton, WI
- Alexandra Flores, a senior professional sales marketing major from Yorba Linda, CA
- Ryan Gilmore, a senior professional sales marketing major from Pine City, MN
- Justin Held, a senior professional sales marketing major from Pewaukee, WI
- Matthew Jaskowiak, a senior professional sales marketing major from Hartland, WI
- Ryan Matchey, a senior professional sales marketing major from Centerville, MN
- Jessica Parish, a senior professional sales marketing major from Burnsville, MN
- Joseph Poppe, a senior professional sales marketing major from Marshfield, WI
- Brady Zwiefelhofer, a senior entrepreneur management and professional sales marketing double major from Bloomer, WI.
The Certified Sales Student certificate is awarded to students who go beyond the minimum course requirements in preparing themselves for successful sales jobs and careers. Any college student attending a USCA member school can earn this certificate by meeting the required coursework with authorized faculty and completing the extracurricular requirements which includes participation in internships, sales competitions, and professional training seminars.
For more information about the marketing awards, contact Dr. Scott Swanson, UW-Eau Claire Department of Management and Marketing. For information about the Certified Sales Student certificate, contact Dr. Bob Erffmeyer or Jerry Kollross, UW-Eau Claire Department of Management and Marketing.
Meet Christina Kubitschek
Christina “Crissy” Kubitschek was president of the UW-Eau Claire student chapter of the American Marketing Association during the 2011-12 year. As president of one of the largest student organizations on campus, Kubitschek oversaw the activities of a seven-member executive board, 24 committee chairs and co-chairs, and 50 general members. Under her leadership, the UW-Eau Claire chapter was presented the 2012 AMA Silver Chapter Award in recognition of the chapter’s professional development, community service, fundraising, communications, chapter operations, and membership activities. Only six chapters out of all 340 AMA student chapters in North American are presented with this award each year.
Kubitschek also was a member of the UW-Eau Claire Sales team. She placed 10th out of 128 competitors at the 2012 National Sales Competition at Kennesaw State University, and 5th out of 50 competitors at the Northwestern Mutual Sales Competition which was held during the 2012 American Marketing Association International Collegiate Conference in New Orleans, LA.
Kubitschek will graduate magna cum laude in May 2012.