April 24, 2012
Beta Gamma Sigma to Initiate New Members April 28
Twenty-five business students will be initiated into the UW-Eau Claire chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The annual initiation will be held Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 3 pm in the Davies Center Alumni Room. The event will be held in conjunction with the university’s Honors Week, a time set aside by the university to recognize students of high scholastic achievement.
The ceremony will be conducted by Dr. Kristy Lauver, associate professor of management and BGS faculty adviser and College of Business Dean Diane Hoadley. Two students, BGS president Robert Splinter and vice president Matthew Vorhees will also assist with the ceremony.
Matthew Fish, an accounting instructor in the Department of Accounting and Finance, will be recognized at the event as Beta Gamma Sigma Outstanding professor.
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest honor bestowed upon business students at institutions accredited by AACSB International. Students are invited to join the organization by their business school faculty. To be eligible for invitation, students must be in the upper seven percent of the junior class, upper 10 percent of the senior class, or upper 20 percent of their MBA class.
Beta Gamma Sigma has established 500 collegiate chapters at schools accredited by AACSB International. The organization has inducted more than 650,000 outstanding students into membership since its founding in 1913. Members currently reside in all 50 U.S. states and more than 160 countries around the world.
To learn more about the UW-Eau Claire chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma, view its website at www.uwec.edu/bgs.
2012 Beta Gamma Sigma Initiates
- Andrew N. Alexander, DVM, PhD, an MBA student from Verona, WI
- Joseph Buczek, a senior finance major from Port Washington, WI
- Monica Dorsett, an MBA student from Miami Gardens, FL
- Diane Foust, a senior business administration major from Rice Lake, WI
- Katelyn Goettl, a junior accounting and finance double major from North Mankato, MN
- Kyle Goodmanson, a junior marketing major from Mahtomedi, MN
- Hilary Hauser, an MBA student from Crystal, MN
- April Heder, a senior management major from Wauwatosa, WI
- Braden Krien, a junior accounting and finance double major from Lake Geneva, WI
- Jacob Kuehl, a senior operations/materials management major from Wausau, WI
- Kristine Kuhlman, an MBA student from Los Angeles, CA
- Aimee Lapacinski, a senior HR management major from Rice Lake, WI
- Grant Mueller, senior accounting major from Apple Valley, MN
- Erica Nance, a senior health care administration major from Eau Claire, WI
- Matthew Nelson, a junior business economics major from Eau Claire, WI
- Riley Petersen, a junior accounting major from Bloomington, MN
- Meghan Ryan, a senior accounting major from Fond du Lac, WI
- Andrew Salwey, a senior IS- business analysis major from Independence, WI
- Gregory Samens, a junior management major from Bloomer, WI
- Brett Schreiner, an MBA student from Eau Claire, WI
- Adrienne Schroeder, a junior accounting and finance double major from Delavan, WI
- James Shallow, an MBA student from Suamico, WI
- Amber Steinert, a junior marketing analytics major from Duluth, MN
- Jon Waller, a senior accounting major from Cambridge, WI
- Sarah Wittmann, a junior business administration major from Combined Locks, WI.