April 23, 2012
UW-Eau Claire Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi to Initiate 2012 Members
Four University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Business students will be inducted into Beta Alpha Psi, a national honor society for accounting and financial professionals, on Friday, April 27, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. in the Davies Center President’s Room. The initiation will be held during the university’s Honors Week, a time set aside to recognize students who have attained high scholastic achievement.
Congratulations to the following Beta Alpha Psi candidates:
- Heather Gallun, a junior accounting and finance major from Eau Claire, WI
- Dustin Mitchell, a senior accounting major from Eau Claire, WI
- Michael Paczosa, a junior accounting major from Rochester, MN
- Malory Peterson, a junior accounting major from Goodhue, MN.
To be eligible, accounting and finance students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all upper level accounting classes
- Completion of Accounting 301, Intermediate Accounting I
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or GPA above 3.25 in the last 25 credits of coursework
- Top 35% of their class.
Beta Alpha Psi recognizes scholastic and professional excellence in the fields of accounting and finance. The organization promotes the study and practice of accounting and finance, provides opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals, and encourages a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
Beta Alpha Psi has over 289 campus chapters with over 300,000 members since it was founded in 1919.
James Rundall, Accounting and Finance, is the faculty adviser for the UW-Eau Claire Beta Alpha Psi chapter.