April 20, 2012
Student Senate results in: the COB has five senators
Five College of Business students were elected to the 2012-13 University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Student Senate. Elections were held April 16-18, 2012. All business students will be filling off-campus senate seats.
Congratulations to the following College of Business students:
- Stephen Fisher, a junior business economics major from, Maple Grove, MN
- Bryan Larson, a junior business administration and political science double major from Eagan, MN
- Ping Liu, a senior business administration major from China
- Kayla Ogren, a junior business administration major from Iron River, WI
- Katherine Stuckart, a senior accounting major from Suamico, WI.
The UW-Eau Claire Student Senate represents the best interests of the students of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire by authoring and passing legislation to better improve student life and the overall quality of the university.
It is responsible for allocating nearly $4 million annually in segregated fees to organizations such as Athletics, Student Health Services, and other deserving organizations.
In addition, Student Senate controls the over $1 million information technology budget which helps support laptop rentals, general access labs, wireless Internet and more. The Student Senate also helps allocated $7.5 million in Blugold Commitment differential tuition which is used to increase student access to courses and support high impact practices such as collaborative research, internships, and student competitions.
For more information about the UW-Eau Claire Student Senate, visit their website at www.uwec.edu/StudentSenate.
Source: UW-Eau Claire Student Senate website