January 10, 2012
2012 nominations sought for University Student Excellence awards
Do you know a University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire student, student organization adviser or student organization that exemplifies excellence? Nominate those individuals and organizations for a 2012 University Student Excellence award.
UW-Eau Claire Activities and Programs is soliciting nominations for outstanding UW-Eau Claire students, student organization advisers, and student organizations for the university-wide awards. Nominations can be made on the Activities and Programs website. A special selection committee will review all nominations and applications.
Individuals and organizations selected by the committee will be recognized at the 2012 University Student Excellence Awards reception, which will be held, Wednesday, May 2, 2012 in the Davies Center. The event is hosted by the Office of Activities, Involvement and Leadership, the UW-Eau Claire Alumni Association, and UW-Eau Claire Foundation.
Nominations for the following individual awards will be accepted online from January 23, 2012 through Wednesday, February 29, 2012. At a later date, nominees will be sent a questionnaire regarding their campus and community involvement which they must complete and return to the Office of Activities, Involvement and Leadership.
- Excellence in Leadership Award, presented to a student who has made meaningful contributions through exemplary service, commitment, and leadership to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and the surrounding community. The recipient will receive $250. » Nominate now
- Excellence in Equity, Diversity & Inclusiveness Award, presented to one student whose actions, perspectives and engagement demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusivity. The recipient will receive $250. » Nominate now
- Excellence in Stewardship & Sustainability Award, presented to one student who has demonstrated exceptional commitment to serving the greater community. The recipient will receive $250. » Nominate now
- Excellence in Global Awareness Award, presented to one student who has demonstrated a commitment to learning about multicultural perspectives and his or her role as a citizen in a connected world. The recipient will receive $250. » Nominate now
- Excellence in Scholarly and Creative Activity Award, presented to one student who demonstrates creativity, initiative, self-reliance, perseverance, and depth of disciplinary knowledge in the execution of one or more scholarly projects. The recipient will receive $250. » Nominate now
- Outstanding LGBTQA Student Leader Award, recognizes contributions to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer or questioning community achieved by a full-time, undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled at UW–Eau Claire. The recipient will receive $250. » Nominate now
- Non-Traditional Student Leadership Award, presented to one non-traditional student who has demonstrated great promise, outstanding achievement, or creativity in their chosen field. » Nominate now
- Residence Hall Leadership Award, recognizes a current residence hall student who has made a positive contribution to the residence hall community. Nominees demonstrate leadership skills and exemplary service, and have contributed to residence hall organizations. The recipient will receive $250. » Nominate now
- Giraffe Leadership Award, awarded to one student who is dedicated to standing up for social justice issues on campus or in the greater community. The recipient will receive $250. » Nominate now
- Blugold Spirit Award, recognizes a student who demonstrates daily support of and enthusiasm for the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire. The recipient will receive $250. » Nominate now
Student Organization Awards
Student organizations may submit applications for the New Student Organization Award, the Student Organization Award, and the Student Organization Advisor Award. Applications/nominations for these awards are due Friday, March 30, 2012.
- Student Organization Award, recognizes a student organization that has demonstrated exemplary service to the campus and community through programming and outreach. The recipient will receive $250. » Apply now
- New Student Organization Award, recognizes a student organization that has existed for no more than two years and demonstrates great promise for improving the quality of campus and community life. The recipient will receive $250. » Apply now
- Student Organization Advisor Award, recognizes an organization advisor who takes an active role in empowering and involving students within the organization. The recipient will receive $250. » Nominate now