December 18, 2012
Accounting and finance students inducted into Beta Alpha Psi
Front Row (left to right): Daniel Seefeldt, Katelyn Goettl, Riley Petersen, Sarah Munson, Kailey Raese
Back Row (left to right): Amy Bainbridge, Jessica Ludwigson, Robert Splinter, David Jackson, Joseph Krebsbach, Julie North, Dawna Drum (co-adviser)
Twelve University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Business students were inducted into Beta Alpha Psi, a national honor society for accounting and financial professionals, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm in the UW-Eau Claire Davies Center Dulany Inn. Congratulations to the following new Beta Alpha Psi members:
- Amy Bainbridge, a senior accounting and finance double major from Port Wing, WI
- Katelyn Goettl, a junior accounting and finance double major from North Mankato, MN
- David Jackson, a senior accounting major from Shoreview, MN
- Joseph Krebsbach, a junior accounting major from Colby, WI
- Jessica Ludwigson, a senior accounting major from Weyerhaeuser, WI
- Sarah Munson, a senior accounting and information systems double major from New Richmond, WI
- Julie North, a senior accounting major from Eau Claire, WI
- Riley Petersen, a junior accounting major from Bloomington, MN
- Kailey Raese, a senior accounting major from Willard, WI
- Samantha Ramp, a senior accounting and finance double major from Eau Claire, WI
- Daniel Seefeldt, a senior accounting and finance double major from Wittenberg, WI
- Robert Splinter, a senior accounting major from Wausau, WI.
To be eligible, accounting and finance students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all upper level accounting classes
- Completion of Accounting 301, Intermediate Accounting I
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or GPA above 3.25 in the last 25 credits of coursework
- Top 35% of their class.
Beta Alpha Psi recognizes scholastic and professional excellence in the fields of accounting and finance. The organization promotes the study and practice of accounting and finance, provides opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals, and encourages a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
Beta Alpha Psi has over 289 campus chapters with over 300,000 members since it was founded in 1919.
Dr. Dawna Drum and Dr. Ray Hughes, both faculty members in the Department of Accounting and Finance, are advisers to the UW-Eau Claire Beta Alpha Psi chapter.