Nominees sought for COB associate dean search committee
The College of Business will conduct an internal search for the position of associate dean. This individual will replace Dr. Robert Sutton who retired in early November.
The search committee for the position will be composed of nine individuals from the College of Business: One faculty member from each of the following academic units: Accounting and Finance, Business Communication, Information Systems and Management and Marketing; One member of the instructional academic staff; One representative from the Deans Council; One representative from the non-instructional academic staff; One representative from the classified staff; and One student. See below for committee responsibilities.
Please send the names of nominees to Dean Diane Hoadley by December 10. She will appoint committee members shortly thereafter and if possible, schedule a meeting with the committee to present the charge to the committee before the end of the semester.
For more information, contact Dean Diane Hoadley, UW-Eau Claire College of Business
Responsibilities of the Associate Dean Search Committee
- Publicize the position through creating an advertising plan, soliciting nominations, etc.
- Evaluate the application materials.
- Manage the interview process.
- Keep all application materials and search information confidential.
- Provide the Dean with an unranked list of the applicants describing their strengths and any concerns the committee may have about the applicant.
By January 25, 2013, the search committee will advertise the position within the College of Business and seek applicants. By February 28, 2013, the committee will deliver Dean Hoadley their report on the strengths and concerns of each applicant.