CHAASE Fall Forum focuses on leadership’s role in reducing hospital readmissions
New paradigms for senior care delivery and the importance of using multi-disciplinary leadership approaches in the field is the focus of the annual UW-Eau Claire Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence (CHAASE) fall forum.
The panel discussion, “Reducing Hospital Readmissions and the Role of Leadership in Senior Care”, will be held Thursday, October 18, 2012 from 4:30 to 5:45 pm in the Auditorium of the Luther Building of the Mayo Clinic and Hospital, 1400 Bellinger Street, Eau Claire, WI. The event is free and open to the public. No registration is required. Free parking is available in the Mayo parking ramp. Use overhead walkway to access the hospital. A reception will follow the panel presentation.
New approaches and health care delivery practices provide a means for better and more efficient care and service to residents and patients served across the health services spectrum. The quality and sustainability of these new models depend on the expertise and trust of administrators, directors of nursing, medical directors and vendors. This panel presentation provides a forum for those working in the senior care profession to discuss how they might better work together across disciplines and organizations to advance best practices and tools.
Panelists and participants will address the following questions:
- What is current environment (operational, regulatory, etc.) surrounding the issue of re-hospitalization?
- What new approaches and care delivery models are being implemented to reduce hospital readmissions?
- How can new partnerships be developed and how can they be more effective?
- What new skill sets and talents do leaders in the senior care profession need to advance these practices?
- Karen Vincent, Interim Director of Wisconsin Operations, Golden Living
- Dr. James Roberts, Director of Hospice, Mayo Clinic Health System
- Missy Bertrang, Clinical Care Director, Grace Lutheran Foundation
- David Mills, CEO, Align30.
Dr. Linda Young, Dean of UW-Eau Claire College of Nursing and Health Sciences, will serve as the moderator.
The presentation is sponsored by the UW-Eau Claire CHAASE, UW-Eau Claire Department of Economics, and UW-Eau Claire College of Nursing, and the Minnesota and Wisconsin Chapters of the American College of Health Care Administrators (ACHCA).
For more information contact LaNette Flunker, UW-Eau Claire CHAASE activities coordinator, at (715) 836-2088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.