UW-Eau Claire College of Business faculty and staff recognized for their leadership
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Business faculty and staff are encouraged to continue to develop their own leadership skills and to give back to their profession by serving in leadership roles in organizations within their disciplines. During the 2010-11 academic year, eleven COB faculty and staff were officers and/or committee members of fifteen different groups, several of them national organizations, according to College of Business Dean Diane Hoadley.
“Our instructional staff is required to remain current in their teaching fields through their scholarship and service activities,” said Hoadley. “One good way to maintain currency is to be actively engaged in the professional organizations that represent their respective disciplines,” she continued.
All of the positions held by College of Business faculty and staff are elected ones. Most positions also require the individual to serve in a variety of different positions on an executive board as he or she moves up the ranks of the organization.
“It is unusual for a college to have so many individuals in leadership roles in their professional organizations at the same time,” explained Hoadley. “We are very proud of them and their accomplishments,” she said.
COB Faculty and Staff Leaders, 2010-11
Department of Accounting and Finance
- Dr. Raj Aroskar - president, Academy of Finance
- Dr. D’Arcy Becker - president, North American Accounting Association
Department of Information Systems
- Dr. Matt Germonprez - president, Midwest Association for Information Systems
- Dr. Jean A. Pratt - past president, International Association for Computer Information Systems
Department of Management and Marketing
- Dr. Robert Erffmeyer - board member, Midwest Business Administration Association International; president, Society for Marketing Advances
- Dr. Jennifer Johs-Artisensi - vice-chair, Education Committee, National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards
- Dr. Kristy Lauver - chair of long range planning, Midwest Academy of Management
- Dr. Douglas Olson - board of directors, American College of Health Care Administrators; board of directors, Academy for Long Term Care Leadership and Development; board of overseers, American Health Care Association Quality Award Program
- Dr. Scott Swanson - president-elect, American Marketing Association Collegiate Chapters Council
- Dr. Rama Yelkur - president, Marketing Management Association
- Ms. Theresa Wells - president, Indianhead Chapter of APICS; voice of the customer (VOC) committee, APICS International