UW-Eau Claire Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi to Initiate 2011 Members
Six University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Business majors will be inducted into Beta Alpha Psi, a national honor society for accounting and financial professionals, on Saturday, April 30, 2011 at 1:30 pm in the Davies Center President’s Room. The initiation will be held during UW-Eau Claire’s Honors Month, a time set aside to recognize students who have attained high scholastic achievement.
Congratulations to the following Beta Alpha Psi candidates:
- Mariah Braastad, a senior accounting major from Andover, MN
- Joseph Harrison, a junior accounting major from Elk Mound, WI
- Christina Hogan, a senior accounting major from Eleva, WI
- Rachel C. Olson, a junior accounting major from Wausau, WI
- Martin Richardson, a junior accounting major from Combined Locks, WI
- Clayton Theiler, a junior accounting major from Wausau, WI
To be eligible, accounting and finance students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all upper level accounting classes
- Completion of Accounting 301, Intermediate Accounting I
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or GPA above 3.25 in the last 25 credits of coursework
- Top 35% of their class
Beta Alpha Psi recognizes scholastic and professional excellence in the fields of accounting and finance. The organization provides opportunities for self-development, service, association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social and public responsibility. The organization has over 289 campus chapters with over 300,000 members since it was founded in 1919.
James Rundall, Accounting and Finance, is the faculty adviser for the UW-Eau Claire Beta Alpha Psi chapter.