Beta Gamma Sigma to Initiate New Members April 30
The UW-Eau Claire chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, will hold its annual initiation, Saturday, April 30, 2011 at 1 pm in the Davies Center Alumni Room. The event will be held in conjunction with the university’s Honors Week, a time set aside by the university to recognize students of high scholastic achievement.
The ceremony will be conducted by Dr. Kristy Lauver, BGS faculty adviser and College of Business Dean Diane Hoadley. Two students, BGS president Lindsey Crooker and vice president Jonathan Butler, will also assist with the ceremony.
Ms. Ingrid Ulstad, Accounting and Finance, will be recognized at the event as Beta Gamma Sigma Outstanding professor.
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest honor bestowed upon business students at institutions accredited by AACSB International. Students are invited to join the organization by their business school faculty. To be eligible for invitation, students must be in the upper 7 percent of the junior class, upper 10 percent of the senior class, or upper 20 percent of their MBA class.
Beta Gamma Sigma was founded as a national organization in 1919. BGS has 500 collegiate chapters in all 50 U.S. states and 19 countries and territories at schools accredited by AACSB International. Additionally, 24 alumni chapters serve the needs of alumni members in major metropolitan areas, including Hong Kong. The society’s membership of more than 650,000 includes leaders in all fields of industry, government and academia.
2011 Beta Gamma Sigma Initiates
- Tim Bissen, a senior operations/materials management major from Austin, MN
- Roman Borisov, a junior business finance major from Irkutskaya Oblast, Russia
- Barbara Cupp, a senior accounting major from Baraboo, WI
- Michael H. Draper, an MBA student from Gilbert, MN
- Andrew Gerver, a junior marketing major from White Bear Lake, MN
- Bradley Gropp, a junior accounting major from Marshfield, WI
- Madeline Z. Howard, a senior management-entrepreneur major from Green Bay, WI
- Marleah Keuler, a senior health care administration major from Hilbert, WI
- Rania Khatib, a senior management major from Eau Claire, WI
- Beatris Mendez Gandica, a junior IS, Business Analysis major from Valencia, Spain
- Emily Micke, a junior accounting major from Greenleaf, WI
- Joshua Mondor, a junior accounting major from New Richmond, WI
- John T Padjen, a junior health care administration major from Eau Claire, WI
- Benjamin J Raygor, a senior accounting major from Menomonie, WI
- Amy Rohrer, a senior health care administration major from Manitowoc, WI
- Marcus Ruh, a junior business administration major from Suamico, WI
- Mark Allen Schmidt, a senior accounting major from Plymouth, MN
- Michelle Simonson, an MBA student from Lena, WI
- Shari Sorenson, a senior management major from Mondovi, WI
- Robert Splinter, a junior business administration major from Wausau, WI
- Enkhjavkhlan Tsogtbaatar, a junior business economics major from Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Matthew Vorhees, a senior accounting major from Madison, WI
- Karla Wald, an MBA student from Chippewa Falls, WI
- Kristina Wanous, a senior accounting major from Blooming Prairie, MN
- Gregory Wiora, a junior accounting major from Mauston, WI