February 28, 2011
COB Scholarship Committee Accepting Applications
The College of Business Scholarship Committee has approximately $25,000 in scholarships to award to UW-Eau Claire College of Business students for the 2011-12 academic year. Scholarships are available through the UW-Eau Claire Foundation.
The College of Business Scholarship Committee will accept applications for the following scholarships starting Wednesday, March 2, 2011:
- Jennifer Alexander Memorial, 1 @ $500
- Helen B. Andersen Memorial, 1 @ $1,500
- Philip Breitman Memorial, 1 @ $8,024
- John C. Dennison Memorial, 1 @ $5,000
- Richard T. Gannon, 1 @ $ 900
- Leinenkugel Brewing Co. COB Diversity/Economic Need (sophomore), 1 @ $750
- Leinenkugel Brewing Co. COB Diversity/Economic Need (junior/senior), 1 @ $750
- Robert D. MacDonald Memorial, 1 @ $800
- Brad Olson Memorial, 1 @ $900
- Ronald D. Schlattman International Study Abroad, 1 @ $500
- Wells Fargo Bank - Eau Claire COB Diversity/Economic Need, 1 @ $2,000
- Charles F. White, 1 @ $1,000
- Xcel Energy COB Diversity/Economic Need, 1 @ $2,000.
Paper applications will also be available in the rack outside the College of Business Academic Affairs Office in Schneider 117A.
The application deadline is Monday, April 4, 2011 at 4:00 pm. Students should submit their application packet in person to Chris Gessner at her office in Schneider Hall Room 117A. Students who are studying abroad or off-campus for the semester doing an internship may submit their application packet by email to her at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (715) 836-4014.
Applications will be reviewed by the COB Scholarship Committee during April. Scholarship recipients will be announced prior to the end of the spring semester. Questions, contact Gretchen Hutterli, Chair, COB Scholarship Committee by email at email@example.com or (715) 836-5930.
Tips for Completing Your COB Scholarship Application
- Make sure you are eligible for the scholarship. Scholarship criteria, such as GPA, major, and number of credits, are determined by the donor and can be found on each scholarship. Because it is the Scholarship Committee’s job to honor the donor’s request, we screen out every application that does not meet the criteria.
- Have a FAFSA on file if the scholarship requires it. A number of COB scholarships require the applicant to demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The UW-Eau Claire Financial Aid Office recommends that students complete and submit their FAFSA application as soon as possible after January 1. The FAFSA application must be renewed for each school year. Detailed information can be found on the UW-Eau Claire Financial Aid Office website at www.uwec.edu/finaid/apply/timetable.htm.
- Customize your application material for each scholarship. If the scholarship is to be awarded to a student who demonstrates special talents, skills, or abilities, make sure your resume and other application materials highlights these abilities.
- Proof-read your application. Check your application for typos, grammatical mistakes, incomplete sentences and other errors.
- Make sure your application is complete. Application information required for a scholarship varies from scholarship to scholarship. Check the scholarship’s Application Procedures, to ensure that your application packet is complete. Applications missing information will not be reviewed.
- Meet the application deadline. Scholarships will not be accepted after the application deadline.
- Just ask us. If something isn’t clear or you have a question, please ask us. Gretchen Hutterli, Assistant Dean, or Chris Gessner, Program Associate, are happy to answer your questions.